Annons:
Tagcut
Read 1973 times
Leia
2019-03-27 21:38

Reasons to shave your head

Over the past few months, I have come across more and more women taking the plunge and shaving their heads.

For many its for aesthetic purposes or out of necessity, but for others, its a means of empowerment, feeling fully confident within yourself and not accepting societal norms of feminity.  I think Sorelle in the video captures this perfectly. 

I truly admire those you have taken the plunge to go bare, I detest how much time on I spend on my hair. The more videos I watch, the more curious I am, although,  I know I hate how I look having my hair pushed back in a bun or a ponytail so I can't imagine me liking how it looks on me personally. I'm envious of those that rock this look because I would love the freedom that comes with having no hair to sort.

Have you ever shaved your head? How did it make you feel?

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

Annons:
Maleficum
2019-03-27 22:28

Last year (April 2018) I shaved of my hair (used my dog shaver with the 19mm comb so a little bit of stubble was left :P).

I mostly did it for practical reasons. I have a lot of energy problems so I didn't have energy left to take care of my hair (only combed it like once a week before cleaning, sometime not even so often) and it was warm and sweaty and tried to strangle me during the night  :P And it took forever to dry when wet!

I did a new shave right before going to our summerhouse (1 July) and then let it grow until January when I shaved it again because it became the annoying length where it falls into the eyes but is to short to put up in an easy way. (It grows really fast!)

But I do like it short, it's a lot easier to maintain, to wash and it dries in no time! But sometimes I do miss being able to braid it. I have to see how I do this summer. It do gives a bit more sun protection having longer hair (and I burn really easy) but it is easier care when bathing in the sea every day with shorter hair.

Deviantart, photos, drawing and paintings.

Niklas
2019-03-28 12:00

I shave my head. Mostly for comfort, but it saves a lot of money too.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Evelina
2019-03-28 13:35

I personally would never do it because I have always struggled to grow my hair long. My hair is currently armpit length, which is the longest it has ever been. I have cut my hair two times at a length that was almost as short as a pixie hair style. I really enjoyed it that short but I did not enjoy the in between length. I think its cool that some women shave their head for what ever reason(s) however.  I am honestly just too vain to ever do it though. I think I would look horrible - not to say that other people do, I think many people can definitely rock it.

Tealover
2019-03-28 16:49

It's funny, most of the reasons fit if you have really long hair and so WO. When I had long hair I hardly spent any time on it and zero money on it. And it's a statement to have really long hair too. I long for my long hair too much to go bald unless I want a clean start someday to get it back.

Teanerd who loves tea so much that i started a tea shop www.tealovers.se!
Host of Tea savvity and the swedish version Te ifokus
Follow me on Facebook and instagram

Leia
2019-03-28 20:39

#1 Was you nervous before you did it for the first time? I hear once it is done it feels so liberating! 

#2 How often do you have to shave your head?

#3 I think that's a reason that deters me from going short/shaved. I have spent years, since being 14 trying to grow my hair out long. Even though I now want to go short for practical reasons, I don't want all those years going down the drain, I know I would have to be at least 30./40 years of ages to get my hair back to how it is now. Perhaps it will be something I would consider when I am older.  

#4 Have you always kept your hair natural? or have you used colouring treatments, perms etc on it?

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

Maleficum
2019-03-28 23:57

#5 When I finally decided I just wanted to be over with it and it just felt wonderful to wash it for the first time and dry it! And my head felt so much lighter!

I only wish I had someone to Help because it was a struggle to get it even when doing it on my own.

What I learn from my experience is that my hair growth is around 1 cm/month.

Sadly my hair have a limit in length around 40-45cm and how much I try I can't get it to grow longer :(

But if I stop cutting it now I only have to wait 4 years to have it all back again ;)

Deviantart, photos, drawing and paintings.

Annons:
Niklas
2019-03-29 04:04

#5: About every second or third day.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Tealover
2019-03-29 06:16

#5 yes.

Teanerd who loves tea so much that i started a tea shop www.tealovers.se!
Host of Tea savvity and the swedish version Te ifokus
Follow me on Facebook and instagram

Scroll to top
Annons: