Annons:
Tagcolour
Read 3110 times
Evelina
2019-03-18 15:20

Has anyone tried Henna hair dye?

I just bought some henna hair dye online. My hair is light to medium brown. I bought ”natural hazelnut”, which is the color in between the light brown and dark brown dyes that they offered. I just want to get a deeper brown color. Im excited to try it out, but I have never colored my hair with henna dye before. Does anyone have any experience?

Annons:
Leia
2019-03-18 20:54

I would warn you to carefully check the ingredients, especially if you bought it online, as 'Black henna' can cause some really bad side effects. The risks of black henna lie in the paste's ingredients – specifically, a chemical called paraphenylenediamine (PPD)

Although, the warnings I have heard relates more to black henna tattoos that lead to nasty allergic reactions if you use normal hair dye in the future. These temporary tattoos should be avoided because the paste often contains high levels of PPD, which can increase the risk of an allergic reaction the next time you're exposed to it. So, you could develop a life-threatening allergic reaction when you next use PPD hair dye.

The NHS is a trusted source and released lots of information and testimonials on the effects it can have. 

Read more here: https://www.nhs.uk/live-well/healthy-body/black-henna-neutral-henna-ppd-dangers/#allergy-tests-on-hair-dye

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

Evelina
2019-03-18 21:51

It does not have that ingredient, but thank you!

Evelina
2019-03-18 21:55

Here are the ingredients: Indigofera Tinctoria Leaf Powder (Indigo), Lawsonia Inermis Leaf Powder (Henna), Emblica Officinalis Fruit Powder (Amla), Eclipta Alba Leaf Powder (Bhringaraj), Azadirachta Indica Leaf Powder (Neem)

Leia
2019-03-19 23:02

#3 Then I would love to hear about/see the results!

All the best, Leia

Evelina
2019-03-19 23:04

I should be getting it in the mail tomorrow. I'm going to have to convince someone to Help me put it in my hair haha

Leia
2019-03-19 23:07

#5 You would you trust your boyfriend to do it?Laughing out loud

All the best, Leia

Annons:
Evelina
2019-03-19 23:53

He has cut my hair before lol so maybe! But this is going to be more time consuming so not sure if he will want to Help lol

Maleficum
2019-03-25 23:20
Image 1. Click to open in original size.

I have dyed my hair with red henna for years now!

Picture from 9 years ago. Depending on the brand and how I do it I get different results in colour. I liked the colour I got before a bit better than with the kind I have now (the kind I have now is more reddish brown and the red in the photo) but I have a lot of it left so I will use it up before going back to the brand I had before (if it's still available).

Now I also have really short hair (shaved everything of before the summer) so I don't have to use that much now.

Deviantart, photos, drawing and paintings.

Evelina
2019-03-26 07:54
Leia
2019-03-27 01:18

#8 What a stunning colour😍 what colour were you previously??

All the best, Leia

Maleficum
2019-03-27 12:12
Image 1. Click to open in original size.

Don't know what my "normal" colour is called (and it was a long time since I saw it :P).

But I had three periods that I have cut of a large chunk of my hair and kept it.

First time was 1999 and I still had my normal colour then. Next time was 2016 and the most resent (and where I shaved everything) was a year ago.

Maleficum
2019-03-27 12:26

The first few years I coloured my hair I used chemical colouring (died it black for a period and then red but soon went over to henna red because it felt better for environment and me to use natural products).

The best thing with henna colouring is that in my hair the new growth of hair don't stick out that much so I can go pretty long period between colouring if I don't feel I have time for it without it looking strange.

Leia
2019-03-27 21:08

#11 Wow! The colour difference is staggering,  its great that you are so conscious about the environment, I had only considered the chemical impact upon my hair previously. It is definitely something I hope to change.

All the best, Leia

Annons:
Maleficum
2019-03-27 22:15

#13 Environmental thoughts was mostly at our old summerhouse (before we built a new one) because it was so old so all the waste water went right out in the bushes  near the sea and it didn't feel good dumping chemicals near the beach and near the garden where I had my rabbits grazing. (And when our dog was younger she sometimes sneaked to where the water came out to drink from it Votinging).

Scroll to top
Annons: