Annons:
Tagcare
Read 1699 times
jadekintz
2018-04-18 20:53

Coconut Hair Mask

I haven't used chemical color or bleach on my hair in over 4 years and I owe that to this moisturizing, all natural coconut oil hair mask.

First I start out with a few simple ingredients: coconut oil, aloe ( I cut mine from my aloe plant and blend it in a food processor until smooth), and lavender essential oil.

The coconut oil is extremely moisturizing and helps mend split ends, the aloe is great for your scalp and the lavender helps with blood circulation and promotes hair growth. 

I warm the coconut oil for about 7 seconds just so its melted, add the aloe, and the essential oil and mix until combined. Next I leave it on my hair for 1-2  hours and rinse with an egg wash and luke warm water (I use the coolest water I can stand). Finally I wash with a clarifying shampoo. 

I use this mask every two weeks and it doesn't wonders for hair and scalp.

If you are blonde, I suggest adding lemon juice to your mixture in the summer for a lightening effect.

Annons:
Evelina
2018-04-18 21:21

I'll definitely have to try this one out! In love

jadekintz
2018-04-19 02:09

#1 You won't be disappointed! Laughing

Evelina
2018-04-19 10:57

#2 does the coconut oil make your scalp greasy? I’m wondering if I should just do the bottom half of my hair since my hair gets greasy so fast

Maddie
2018-04-19 13:17

So many people love coconut oil but it just doesn't work for me. :( I think it binds too much protein in my hair. I love aloe vera though. It's great for styling as well. :)

Leia
2018-04-19 16:56

Top tip - do not use hot water to rinse your hair otherwise you'll have bits of cooked egg in it Laughing out loud

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

jadekintz
2018-04-20 04:47

#3 I tend to have oily hair to begin with but I don't see a huge difference if anything I think the coconut oil allows my hair to not need to be washed every time I shower.  #4 I haven't tried the aloe for styling I need to try that! Do you have any tips :) #5 Laughing out loud I know that I have made that mistake before!

Annons:
Maddie
2018-04-20 08:10

#6 i take just a little, rub it between my hands and apply it like gel. It's great for all the short flyaways, and Help containing moisture in very hot or cold weather. :) don't apply too much though, it can make the hair feel stiff.

Scroll to top
Annons: